Get help for addiction: How to find quality addiction treatment
Finding treatment for addiction is not a quick or easy process. CASAColumbia has developed a new step-by-step guide that simplifies the vast amount of information—and misinformation—about finding effective addiction treatment.
The guide contains six steps that can be used by individuals and their loved ones looking for accurate information on:
- Getting an accurate diagnosis—where to go and what to do
- Getting a comprehensive assessment to determine treatment needs
- Medically-managed withdrawal or detoxification
- Finding the right treatment provider
- Getting the most from treatment
- Staying healthy by managing the disease
Our new patient guide also contains questions to ask when looking for a treatment provider, helpful tips as well as common myths/ facts about addiction.
The guide was designed by a team of addiction experts, based on findings from our report, Addiction Medicine: Closing the Gap between Science and Practice, and reviewed by a panel of addiction physician specialists.
You can download it here.